Best Bread Machine Reviews
Bread Machines are a great unit to add to any home that likes to bake. However what isnt common knowledge is that bread machines can do far more than just bake bread. Some units can prepare pizza, jam, and even butter! The real question though is will buying a bread machine, and baking your own bread save you time, money, and still be as good as that nice bakery down the street? Well Gean-Edwards.com has compiled all of the best expert and consumer reviews to determine what bread machine, is the best bread machine, and also what features to look for when shopping for one.
Our Picks for the Best Bread Machine
bake those materials at a later time (I.E later in the evening). Below is a list of all of the features to look for when trying to find the best bread machine, according to experts, bread enthusiasts, and consumer reviews.
What to look for:
1. Serving Size – Look for a bread machine that will yield enough slices relative to the people that you will be serving. According to bread enthusiasts, a 2.5lb loaf is best for most households.
2. Features – Try to find a bread machine that will allow you to fully program your unit for the most control and customizable settings. Sometimes being the pre-programmed machines isnt good because everyone wont want to use all of the same settings. Also make sure that you decide on the layout of the loaf. Do you prefer horizontal (which is what most people use), or vertical.
3. Delay Timer – As mentioned earlier in this write-up, the delay timer will allow you to begin the baking process at one time, leave, and come back later to a fresh loaf of bread. We’ve found that most bread machines on the upper end have 13hr delay timers.
4. Size – The size of your unit will largely determine the speed in which your bread will bake. Smaller machines bake smaller loafs, which means they will bake faster (typically in about 60 minutes or less). Larger units on the other hand will take longer. Some of the larger units have “quick bake cycle” features, but according to bread enthusiasts you should stay away from this feature because it will make your loaves more dense, and yeastier.
5. Usage Tip – Be sure to run your machine through 2 cycles so that you can burn off any oils from the manufacturer. While you may not read this in your owners manual, a lot of consumer reviews have said this to be a big problem.
|Our Rating||Best Overall Bread Machine||Best Multi-Purpose Bread Machine||Best Bread Machine for a tight budget|
|Recommended Use||Full Featured||Full Featured||Full Featured|
|Amazon Star Rating||4.1||4.5||4|
|Editors Review||Click Here to Read Review||Click Here to Read Review||Click Here to Read Review|
|Best Available Price||Click Here to See the Best Available Price for this item||Click Here to See the Best Available Price for this item||Click Here to See the Best Available Price for this item|
|Multiple Cycle Levels||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|See through Window (for viewing)||Yes||No||Yes|
|Ingredient LED (lets you know when you need to add more ingredients)||Yes||No||No|
|Quick Bake Cycle||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Dispenser for Yeast||No||Yes||No|
|*Data current as of 11/17/2011|